A definitive guide to the newest key additions in Java
About This Video
- Write more concise and performant code with the newest features of Java.
- Hands-on examples demonstrate how to write modern Java programs, and quizzes will help you to retain what you've learned.
- This course covers the latest enhancements in Java, from Java 9 to Java 12.
As a developer, every day you need to learn new technologies… and quickly. With frequent Java releases, you need to constantly update your knowledge of Java too. This short course will equip you with insights into the newest key features of Java—in no time.
We start by explaining the new release model and how it affects you. This course goes beyond Java's (in) famous modularity which allows us to partition a system into modules with clear dependencies. You'll learn to write more concise code with the coolest new features, including local variable type inference (var) and the improved API for strings, files and collections. You will also understand how to work with very popular reactive streams. The course finishes with a description of the new enhancements you can apply to improve the performance of your code.
By the end of this short course, you'll know how to use the most powerful features of modern Java to write faster and more readable programs.
All the code files and other files are placed on GitHub at this link https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Java-SE-New-Features-Covers-Versions-9-10-11-and-12
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of contents
Chapter 1 : The Brave New World of Java 9 and Later
- The Course Overview 00:03:25
- New Release Model 00:05:52
- Project Jigsaw: Introducing a Compile-Time Module System 00:09:49
- Cleaner and Smaller Java: What was Removed? 00:05:08
Chapter 2 : Better Java
- New More Concise Syntax: Local Variable Type Inference (Var) and More 00:13:34
- Reactive Programming Is Finally in the Core Java: The New Java Flow API 00:10:39
- Improved Core API: String and Files 00:15:23
- Going More Functional: Improvements to Collections, Optional, and Predicate 00:07:15
- JShell: Running Java from the Command Line 00:07:00
- Enhanced Switch Expressions in Java 12 00:05:33
- Chapter 3 : Faster Java
- Title: Java SE New Features: Covers Versions 9, 10, 11, and 12
- Release date: March 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789610062
You might also like
Java Coding Problems
Develop your coding skills by exploring Java concepts and techniques such as Strings, Objects and Types, …
Apache Kafka Series - Learn Apache Kafka for Beginners
Tutorial: Learn the Apache Kafka ecosystem, core concepts, operations, Kafka API, and build your own producers …
Core Java 11 Advanced, Second Edition
7 Hours of Video Instruction , have long been recognized as the leading, no-nonsense tutorial and …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …