As a developer, every day you need to learn new technologies… and quickly. With frequent Java releases, you need to constantly update your knowledge of Java too. This short course will equip you with insights into the newest key features of Java—in no time.
We start by explaining the new release model and how it affects you. This course goes beyond Java's (in) famous modularity which allows us to partition a system into modules with clear dependencies. You'll learn to write more concise code with the coolest new features, including local variable type inference (var) and the improved API for strings, files and collections. You will also understand how to work with very popular reactive streams. The course finishes with a description of the new enhancements you can apply to improve the performance of your code.
By the end of this short course, you'll know how to use the most powerful features of modern Java to write faster and more readable programs.
What You Will Learn
- Explore what s new in the latest Java releases: Java 9, 10, 11, and 12
- Create more concise and maintainable code with the new Java syntax and API. Your colleagues will thank you!
- Develop faster programs by leveraging the latest performance improvements and modern Garbage Collectors. Your customers will be happy!
This course is for you if you are a Java developer keen to learn how to write faster and concise applications by benefiting from the latest enhancements in Java.
A working knowledge of Java is assumed.
About The Author
Tatiana Fesenko: Tatiana Fesenko is a Senior Java developer with a proven track record in bringing products from concept to implementation. Tatiana's background includes working in four countries with people from almost all continents in corporate, semi-public, and start-up environments. Driven, thorough, and passionate about technology, Tatiana has worked professionally with Java for more than 15 years!
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : The Brave New World of Java 9 and Later
Chapter 2 : Better Java
- New More Concise Syntax: Local Variable Type Inference (Var) and More
- Reactive Programming Is Finally in the Core Java: The New Java Flow API
- Improved Core API: String and Files
- Going More Functional: Improvements to Collections, Optional, and Predicate
- JShell: Running Java from the Command Line
- Enhanced Switch Expressions in Java 12
- Chapter 3 : Faster Java
- Title: Java SE New Features: Covers Versions 9, 10, 11, and 12
- Release date: March 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789610062
You might also like
Core Java 11 Advanced, Second Edition
7 Hours of Video Instruction , have long been recognized as the leading, no-nonsense tutorial and …
Advanced Java Development
You’re a junior developer with a couple of years of Java under your belt and you’ve …
Java 8 in Action
Java 8 in Action is a clearly written guide to the new features of Java 8. …
Learn Java—the #1 language for professional programmers. This hands-on course guides you through your first steps …