A definitive guide to the newest key additions in Java
About This Video
- Write more concise and performant code with the newest features of Java.
- Hands-on examples demonstrate how to write modern Java programs, and quizzes will help you to retain what you've learned.
- This course covers the latest enhancements in Java, from Java 9 to Java 12.
As a developer, every day you need to learn new technologies… and quickly. With frequent Java releases, you need to constantly update your knowledge of Java too. This short course will equip you with insights into the newest key features of Java—in no time.
We start by explaining the new release model and how it affects you. This course goes beyond Java's (in) famous modularity which allows us to partition a system into modules with clear dependencies. You'll learn to write more concise code with the coolest new features, including local variable type inference (var) and the improved API for strings, files and collections. You will also understand how to work with very popular reactive streams. The course finishes with a description of the new enhancements you can apply to improve the performance of your code.
By the end of this short course, you'll know how to use the most powerful features of modern Java to write faster and more readable programs.
This course is for you if you are a Java developer keen to learn how to write faster and concise applications by benefiting from the latest enhancements in Java.
A working knowledge of Java is assumed.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : The Brave New World of Java 9 and Later
Chapter 2 : Better Java
- New More Concise Syntax: Local Variable Type Inference (Var) and More
- Reactive Programming Is Finally in the Core Java: The New Java Flow API
- Improved Core API: String and Files
- Going More Functional: Improvements to Collections, Optional, and Predicate
- JShell: Running Java from the Command Line
- Enhanced Switch Expressions in Java 12
- Chapter 3 : Faster Java
- Title: Java SE New Features: Covers Versions 9, 10, 11, and 12
- Release date: March 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789610062
You might also like
Advanced Java Development
You’re a junior developer with a couple of years of Java under your belt and you’ve …
Core Java 11 Fundamentals, Second Edition
10 Hours of Video Instruction Overview Core Java® has long been recognized as the leading, no-nonsense …
Building Microservices with Spring Boot, Second Edition
7+ Hours of Video Instruction The term “microservices” has gained significant traction over the last few …
Reactive Spring Boot, 2nd Edition
6 Hours of Video Instruction Spring is the most used framework for building services and applications …