The hands-on tutorial for Java developers who want to integrate their applications with the industy leading Oracle 8i and 9i databases.
Provides an introduction to database design, including the essentials of SQL, to get Java programmers started with Oracle comfortably, confidently and quickly!
Covers important Java database technologies, such as JDBC and JDO—step-by-step, with examples.
Covers both Oracle 8i and 9I—including new 9i features, such as object-relational features, all highlighted with examples.
Table of Contents
- THE PRENTICE HALL PTR ORACLE SERIESThe Independent Voice on Oracle
- About Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
- Java, Databases, and Oracle
- Database Design Essentials
- SQL Essentials
- More SQL: Queries, Subqueries, and Views
- Oracle Object-Relational Features
- Introduction to JDBC
- Advanced JDBC Features
- Introduction to J2EE and Persistence
- A Quick Tour of EJB
- Object-Relational Mapping and Java Data Objects
- Title: Java™ Oracle® Database Development
- Release date: December 2002
- Publisher(s): Prentice Hall
- ISBN: 0130462187