Learn CDI concepts and develop modern web applications using JBoss Weld
- Learn about dependency injection with CDI
- Install JBoss Weld in your favorite container
- Develop your own extension to CDI
- Decouple code with CDI events
- Communicate between CDI beans and AngularJS
CDI simplifies dependency injection for modern application developers by taking advantage of Java annotations and moving away from complex XML, while at the same time providing an extensible and powerful programming model.
"JBoss Weld CDI for Java Platform" is a practical guide to CDI's dependency injection concepts using clear and easy-to-follow examples. This will help you take advantage of the power behind CDI, as well as providing a firm understanding of how to use it within your applications.
"JBoss Weld CDI for Java Platform" covers all the major aspects of CDI, breaking it down into understandable pieces. This book will take you through many examples of how these concepts can be utilized, helping you get up and running quickly and painlessly.
"JBoss Weld CDI for Java Platform" gives you an insight into the different scopes provided by CDI and the use cases for which each has been designed. You will learn everything about dependency injection, scopes, events, producers, and more from JBoss Weld CDI, as well as how producers can create new beans for consumption within your application. You will also learn how to build a real world application with CDI using JSF and AngularJS for different web interfaces.
Table of Contents
JBoss Weld CDI for Java Platform
- Table of Contents
- JBoss Weld CDI for Java Platform
- About the Author
- About the Reviewer
- 1. What is a Bean?
- 2. Dependency Injection and Lookup
- 3. Deploying JBoss Weld
- 4. Scopes and Contexts
- 5. Producers
- 6. Interceptors and Decorators
- 7. Events
- 8. Writing a Portable Extension
- 9. Book Store – CDI Services
- 10. Book Store – User Interfaces
- Title: JBoss Weld CDI for Java Platform
- Release date: July 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782160182