Chapter 5. Using Metrics to Improve Quality
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Estimating the value of your project through Sloccount
- Looking for "smelly" code through code coverage
- Activating more PMD rulesets
- Creating custom PMD rules
- Finding bugs with FindBugs
- Enabling extra FindBug rules
- Finding security defects with FindBugs
- Verifying HTML validity
- Reporting with JavaNCSS
- Checking style using an external pom.xml
- Faking checkstyle results
- Integrating Jenkins with SONAR
Some of the build files and code have deliberate mistakes, such as bad naming conventions, poor coding structures, or platform-specific encoding. These defects exist to give Jenkins a target to fire tests against.
This chapter explores the use of Jenkins ...