Design a successful project and issue tracking implementation for your organization through a series of hands-on exercises and live examples
About This Video
Comprehensive coverage of important features and updates in JIRA 6
Step-by-step instructions to deal with real-world situations
Illustrations straight from the application to help visualize issue tracking
JIRA is a proprietary enterprise software product, developed by Atlassian, commonly used for bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management. JIRA is used as a way to manage bug and issue tracking and project management for large-scale projects.
JIRA 6 Essentials will show you how to use and manage your Atlassian JIRA instance. Starting from the basics of working with JIRA projects and issues, the course will introduce and explain advanced topics that any JIRA administrator will need to know to better understand and configure JIRA for their organizations.
This video course will introduce and explain important concepts in JIRA, and ultimately show you how to plan and design your own implementation. You will learn how to customize JIRA to adapt to your organization and add value to your business.
In this course you will learn how to understand and create your own workflows, implement access control with different security settings, manage user and group memberships, integrate with LDAP, set up a notification email system, extend JIRA's default functionalities with add-ons, integrate JIRA with other Atlassian applications or use JIRA as a general-purpose feedback collection system, as well as customize screens and field setups to capture data that really makes sense.
JIRA 6 Essentials covers everything that you need to know in order to set up a fully-functional implementation.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Working with Projects
Chapter 2: Working with Issues
- Understand Issue in JIRA 00:04:02
- Operate and Work with Issues 00:05:50
- Use Sub-Tasks to Better Manage and Structure Your Issues 00:03:04
- Link Issues to Other Resources 00:03:08
- Create and Manage Issue Types 00:03:15
Chapter 3: Working with Screens and Fields
- Manage and Configure Screens in JIRA 00:03:03
- Create New Screens 00:03:53
- Create New Custom Fields 00:02:54
- Controlling Field Behaviors 00:03:06
- Apply Field Configuration to Specific Issue Types and Projects 00:04:16
- Chapter 4: Workflows
- Chapter 5: Security and Permissions
- Chapter 6: Notifications
- Chapter 7: Searching and Reporting
- Chapter 8: Advanced Features
- Title: JIRA 6 Essentials
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849689243