Example of a Multiple Response Model
This example uses the Golf Balls.jmp sample data table (McClave and Dietrich, 1988). The data are a comparison of distances traveled and a measure of durability for three brands of golf balls. A robotic golfer hit a random sample of ten balls for each brand in a random sequence. The hypothesis to test is that distance and durability are the same for the three golf ball brands.
1. Open the Golf Balls.jmp sample data table.
2. Select Analyze > Fit Model.
3. Select Distance and Durability and click Y.
4. Select Brand and click Add.
5. For Personality, select Manova.
Figure 8.1 Manova Setup
6. Click Run.