Example of a Parallel Plot
This example uses the Dogs.jmp sample data table, which contains histamine level measurements for 16 dogs that were given two different drugs. The histamine levels were taken at zero, one, three, and five minutes. Examine the variation in the histamine levels for each drug.
1. Select Help > Sample Data Library and open Dogs.jmp.
To see the differences by drug, color the parallel plot lines by drug:
2. Select Rows > Color or Mark by Column.
3. Select drug and click OK.
Morphine appears red and trimeth appears blue.
Create the parallel plot:
4. Select Graph > Parallel Plot.
5. Select hist0, hist1, hist3, and hist5 and click Y, Response.
6. Click OK.
The report window appears.
Figure 8.2 Parallel Plot of Histamine Variables ...