Example of a Variability Chart
Suppose that you have data containing part measurements. Three operators, Cindy, George, and Tom, each took measurements of 10 parts. They measured each part three times, making a total of 90 observations. You want to identify the variation between operators.
1. Select Help > Sample Data Library and open Variability Data/2 Factors Crossed.jmp.
2. Select Analyze > Quality and Process > Variability / Attribute Gauge Chart.
3. For Chart Type, select Variability.
4. Select Measurement and click Y, Response.
5. Select Operator and click X, Grouping.
6. Select part# and click Part, Sample ID.
7. Click OK.
Figure 8.2 Example of a Variability Chart
Looking at the Std Dev chart, you can see that Cindy and George have ...