If you want practical advice that will help you to find the right job, then you’re in the right place. Whether you’re looking for your first job or just want a better job, whether you’re employed or have been out of work for some time, Job Hunting for Rookies will act as your guide and take you step-by-step through the job hunting process:
• Identify the right job for you.
• Learn the secrets of impressing employers.
• Write a compelling CV and covering letter.
• Get invitations to interviews.
• Succeed at interviews – and overcome interview nerves.
• Negotiate a great pay package.
Packed full of practical ideas and easy-to-follow methods, this is an expert guide made utterly simple. In no time at all you’ll find yourself mastering straightforward but effective strategies for identifying your own skills and qualities, finding the work you want, highlighting your strengths, enlisting support on your job hunt, communicating with confidence, and impressing interviewers with your capability.
Whether you are new to work or already have years of experience, Job Hunting for Rookies has clear and straightforward lessons to transform both the way you think about your abilities and how you present them to an employer. Complete with an insider’s guide to the “super six” answers all interviewers ask, this is an unbeatable guide to getting the job you’ve always dreamed of.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- 1. Setting your sights on what you want
- 2. Understanding what employers want
- 3. Constructing a solid CV
- 4. Sending your CV to the next level
- 5. Enlisting support for your job hunt
- 6. Communicating with confidence
- 7. Impressing interviewers with your competence and capability
- 8. Chemistry, commitment and cash: handling interviewers’ concerns
- 9. Preparing top answers to the “super six” questions
- 10. Closing the deal
- Title: Job Hunting for Rookies
- Release date: June 2014
- Publisher(s): Editorial Almuzara
- ISBN: 9780462099569
You might also like
How To Talk To Absolutely Anyone, 2nd Edition
Talk to anyone, anytime, about anything — with confidence. How to Talk to Absolutely Anyone is …
Cracking the Tech Career: Insider Advice on Landing a Job at Google, Microsoft, Apple, or any Top Tech Company
Become the applicant Google can't turn down Cracking the Tech Career is the job seeker's guide …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Visual Studio Code
Expert guidance on using Visual Studio Code for editing and debugging your web development projects Visual …