Harness social media to land your dream job
For anyone looking for a first job, exploring a career change, or just setting up for future success, social media sites are proven platforms for facilitating connections, demonstrating passions and interests, and ultimately landing the job. Job Searching with Social Media For Dummies enables you to harness the power of the Internet to research and identify job opportunities, and then create a strategy for securing a position.
Job Searching with Social Media For Dummies features in-depth coverage of topics such as: creating effective online profiles and resumes to sell your strengths; maintaining your online reputation and understanding electronic etiquette; using the power of personal branding and building your brand online; avoiding common pitfalls, such as jumping into filling out a social media profile without a strategy; getting to know Twitter, the only real-time job board with literally thousands of jobs posted daily; using social media sites to uncover opportunities in the "hidden job market" ahead of the competition; and much more.
Takes the mystery out of Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
Offers advice on how to brand yourself online
Includes coverage of the latest changes to social platforms and websites
If you're a recent graduate, changing careers, or have been away from the job-search scene for a while, turn to the trusted guidance and expert insight of Job Searching with Social Media For Dummies.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
- Part I: Preparing for Your Job Search
- Part II: Marketing Yourself with a Personal Brand
- Part III: Crafting Web Résumés with LinkedIn, Video, and More
- Part IV: Using Twitter, Facebook, and Other Sites to Find a Position
- Part V: Executing Your Proactive Social Media Job Hunt Strategies
- Part VI: The Part of Tens
- About the Author
- Cheat Sheet
- Connect with Dummies
- Title: Job Searching with Social Media For Dummies, 2nd Edition
- Release date: October 2013
- Publisher(s): For Dummies
- ISBN: 9781118678572