“The first duty of a human being is to assume the right functional relationship to society—more briefly, to find your real job, and do it.” —Charlotte Perkins Gilman
When you are job searching or switching careers, you need to perform certain tasks. Here is an overview of the steps involved:
1. Assess yourself. Look at your skills, interests, and values. Write out accomplishment stories.
2. Research the field.
3. Create a resume and cover letter.
4. Get organized for the search.
5. Identify and apply for opportunities.
7. Evaluate and negotiate offers. ...