Time for action – creating a secondary menu item
To remove the News Archive link from the primary level in Main Menu and show it as a sublevel link, use the following steps:
- To edit the Main Menu content, navigate to Menus | Main Menu.
- Click on the title of the item you want to edit, News Archive.
- In the Details section, Parent Item is set to Menu Item Root. This indicates it's a top level link. Change Parent Item to News:
- Click on Save & Close. In the list of menu items in Menu Manager, the new sublevel menu item is shown indented, as shown in the following screenshot:
- To make sure the menu will display the sublinks intended, let's check a setting of ...