Your complete guide to the Joomla! content management system
Whether you use Joomla! to power a website, intranet, or blog, you'll need a good how-to reference on this complex, but not always intuitive, content management software. Joomla! Bible, Second Edition is that book. It not only brings you up to speed on the changes and extensions that are now part of Joomla! 3.0, it thoroughly covers functions and tasks, including installation, configuration, management, advanced modules, and extended coverage of two key extensions.
You'll learn how to obtain code and deploy it to a server; how to obtain, modify, and delete content; how to choose between the Joomla! Platform and the Joomla! CMS; and more. By the time you finish the Joomla! Bible, Second Edition, you'll be well prepared to build and maintain a Joomla!-based website.
Walks you through obtaining the Joomla! 3.0 code and how to deploy it to a server, configure the site, create content, and manage content and user hierarchies
Helps you get the most out of core modules that provide advanced functionality, including the Polls Module, the Banner Manager, Content Syndication, Newsfeed Aggregation, and others
Includes hands-on tutorials and real-world practical applications
Whether you're a content manager, website manager, developer, or do-it-yourselfer, make sure you keep Joomla! Bible, Second Edition on hand.
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Part I: Getting Started with Joomla!
- Part II: Working with Content and Users
Part III: Working with Components, Modules, and Plug-Ins
- Chapter 12: Using the Banner Manager
- Chapter 13: Working with the Contacts Component
- Chapter 14: Using the Newsfeed Component
- Chapter 15: Using the Site Search Components
- Chapter 16: Using the Weblinks Component
- Chapter 17: Working with the Site Modules
- Chapter 18: Working with the Administrator Modules
- Chapter 19: Working with Plug-Ins
- Part IV: Customizing and Extending the System
- Part V: Overseeing Website Maintenance and Management
- Part VI: Appendixes
- Title: Joomla! Bible, 2nd Edition
- Release date: April 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118474938