The Best Easy-to-Use Guide to Joomla!TM--The World's #1 Open Source Content Management System
If you want to build sophisticated websites that can be easily edited and updated, you need to master Joomla. Now there's an easy-to-read, easy-to-use guide to Joomla for every site manager, administrator, and developer. Leading Joomla consultant Barrie North covers all you need to get results: installation, administration, site organization, template development, content updates, and a whole lot more. You'll find tips, tricks, and troubleshooting solutions, as well as three start-to-finish case studies.
New to Joomla? No problem! This book starts with the simplest design and system concepts and builds your expertise step-by-step. You'll rapidly master Joomla's power, even if you have no content management, scripting, or CSS expertise. Experienced with Joomla? You'll turn to this book constantly for its authoritative, plain-English, example-rich Joomla 1.6 reference content.
* Understand content management, what Joomla does, and how its components fit together
* Build Joomla sites from scratch and systematically customize them to your needs
* Create modern pure css Joomla 1.6 templates using popular gird frameworks
* Use Joomla 1.6's nested categories to organize content and articles
* Create dynamic pages and effective navigation
* Work with Joomla modules and components
* Learn how to optimize your Joomla sites for search engines
* Follow three start-to-finish case studies: building a school website, a small business site, and a blog
* Identify the most valuable Joomla extensions and add-ons: find them and use them
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Praise for Previous Edition of Joomla!: A User’s Guide
- About the Author
- Chapter 1. Content Management Systems and an Introduction to Joomla!
- Chapter 2. Downloading and Installing Joomla!
- Chapter 3. Joomla! Administration Basics
- Chapter 4. Content Is King: Organizing Your Content
- Chapter 5. Creating Menus and Navigation
- Chapter 6. Extending Joomla!
- Chapter 7. Expanding Your Content: Articles and Editors
- Chapter 8. Getting Traffic to Your Site
- Chapter 9. Creating Pure CSS Templates
- Chapter 10. Creating a School Site with Joomla!
- Chapter 11. Creating a Restaurant Site with Joomla!
- Chapter 12. Creating a Blog with Joomla!
- Appendix A. Getting Help
- Appendix B. A Guide to Joomla! 1.6 ACL
- Appendix C. A Quick Introduction to SEO
- Appendix D. Installing WampServer
- Title: Joomla!™ 1.6: A User’s Guide: Building a Successful Joomla! Powered Website, Third Edition
- Release date: February 2011
- Publisher(s): Prentice Hall
- ISBN: 9780132488013