Chapter 4. Events are where it happens!
This chapter covers
- The event models as implemented by the browsers
- The jQuery Event Model
- Binding event handlers to DOM elements
- The Event object instance
- Triggering event handlers under script control
- Registering proactive event handlers
Anyone familiar with the Broadway show Cabaret, or its subsequent Hollywood film, probably remembers the song “Money Makes the World Go Around.” Although this cynical view might be applicable to the physical world, in the virtual realm of the World Wide Web, it’s events that make it all happen!
Like many other GUI management systems, the interfaces presented by HTML web pages are asynchronous and event-driven (even if the HTTP protocol used to deliver them to ...