Chapter 6. Beyond the DOM with jQuery utility functions
This chapter covers
- The jQuery browser support information
- Using other libraries with jQuery
- Array manipulation functions
- Extending and merging objects
- Dynamically loading new scripts
- And more ...
Up to this point, we’ve spent a fair number of chapters examining the jQuery methods that operate upon a set of DOM elements wrapped by the $() function. But you may recall that, way back in chapter 1, we also introduced the concept of utility functions—functions namespaced by jQuery/$ that don’t operate on a wrapped set. These functions could be thought of as top-level functions except that they’re defined on the $ instance rather than window, keeping them out of the global namespace. ...