Chapter 7. Creating Modal Dialogs and Widgets
In this chapter, we will look at dialogs, grids, and other widgets. In the previous chapters we've dealt with pages, buttons, and form controls. While jQuery Mobile provides great support for them, you get even more UI controls than you get within the framework.
In this chapter, we will do the following:
- Discuss how to link to and create dialogs; also how to handle leaving them
- Demonstrate grids and how you can add them to your pages
- Show how collapsible blocks allow you to pack a lot of information in a small amount of space
- Explain how to create popups and how they differ from dialogs
- Discuss the new responsive table and panel widgets
Dialogs, at least under the jQuery Mobile framework, ...