Jumping Into Junos
In This Chapter
- Logging into the Junos operating system for the first time
- Navigating the command-line interface (CLI) operational mode and configuration mode
- Creating and then committing to your first configuratio
- Restoring to a prior configuration
- Saving and archiving your work
When you first get access to the Junos operating system, you may want to log in and start exploring what you can do with it right away. Perhaps you've heard that running a network with Junos can save you time, and you want to see for yourself what Junos can do. This chapter lays out the basics of how to log in, shares a few of our favorite power tools for operators, gives a guided tour to its two modes of operation, and helps you set up your first configuration.