Before installing Kali Linux, we need to ensure the minimum requirements are met:
- Your computer is connected to the internet
- You have a minimum of 4 GB of RAM (8 GB is recommended)
- You have a minimum of 25 GB hard drive space available (80 GB is recommended for Chapter 3, Vulnerability Analysis)
- VirtualBox installation is complete and currently running
- Download the appropriate Kali disk image from https://www.kali.org/downloads/
For our purposes, we will be using the Kali 64 bit version. Please refer to the recipe introduction for more details about these options.