The installation of Metasploitable is done in the following manner:
- Start by unzipping the Metasploitable ZIP (at the time of publication this was metasploitable-linux-2.0.0.zip) file that you previously downloaded.
- Change the directory name that was extracted to metasploitable.
- Find where your main VirtualBox storage is.
- Windows default: c:\users\<username>\virtualBox VMs
- Mac default: /users/<username>/VirtualBox VMs
You should see a directory under the main path for the Kali Linux VM you installed earlier.
- In this directory, create a new folder called Virtual Disks. This will make the following path:
...\VirtualBox VMs\Virtual Disks.
- Move the metasploitable directory that was created when you unzipped the file earlier ...