We will now open a command shell to interact with the Windows VM directly:
- Right-click on the Windows XP VM, and select Meterpreter 3 | Interact | Command Shell.
- Try running some Windows commands, and see what you get back:
dir cd / dir
- Now, let's start VNC and see what we can do from the desktop. Right-click on the Windows XP VM, and select Meterpreter 3 | Interact | Desktop (VNC). You will be presented with a screen similar as follows. Note the port number for this VNC session:
Armitage VNC bind information box
- Let's now click on our terminal icon from the left.
- Enter the following command from ...