Appendix A. Managing WebSphere Commerce components 223
Starting the Configuration Manager
Follow these steps to start the Configuration Manager:
1. Ensure that the DB2 Universal Database V8.1 instance is running by entering
the following command in a Windows command window:
The output from this command should be:
SQL1063N DB2START processing was successful.
If the instance was already running, the output is:
SQL1026N The database manager is already active.
2. Start the Configuration Manager Server by entering the following command
on a Windows command line:
net start "IBM WC 5.6 Configuration Manager"
The output from this command is:
The IBM WC 5.6 Configuration Manager service is starting..
The IBM WC 5.6 Configuration Manager service was started successfully.
If the service was already running, the output is:
The requested service has already been started.
More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182.
3. Start the Configuration Manager Client. Select
→IBM WebSphere →Commerce Server 5.6 →Configuration.
4. The Configuration Authentication window opens. Enter the user ID and
password for the Configuration Manager using the following values:
– User ID: webadmin
– Password: webibm
5. A message prompts you to change the password. Click OK.
6. The Modify Password window opens. Choose a new password for the
webadmin user, and enter it in the New Password and Confirm New Password
fields. Note that the new password must adhere to the following rules:
– It must contain at least one alphabetic character.
– It must contain at least one numeric character.
– The same character cannot occur more than three times.
Tip: You can also start the Configuration Manager Server from the
Windows services window.