Time for action—adding event handlers
Global events allow you to capture and execute your custom code, when a CMS system event occurs. The following events can be handled:
- Data Updates—Insert/update/delete actions for all data items
- Exceptions—Custom errors that occur in your code
- Security events—Authentication and authorization
- Document events—Tree node insert/update/delete operations
- Workflow events—Document approval/rejection/publishing/archiving operations
The first step to using global events in our site is to add the code that is used to capture the events. Let's go ahead and add this using the following steps.
- Select the Kentico CMS WebProject in the Solution Explorer. From the Visual Studio main menu, select File, Add, Existing Project.
- In the ...