Killing your current marketing structure may be the only way to save it!
Two of the world’s top marketing experts reveal the next level of breakthrough success—transforming your marketing strategy into a standalone profit center.
What if everything we currently know about marketing is what is holding us back? Over the last two decades, we’ve watched the entire world change the way it buys and stays loyal to brands. But, marketing departments are still operating in the same, campaign-centric, product-led operation that they have been following for 75 years. The most innovative companies around the world have achieved remarkable marketing results by fundamentally changing their approach. By creating value for customers through the use of owned media and the savvy use of content, these businesses have dramatically increased customer loyalty and revenue. Some of them have even taken it to the next step and developed a marketing function that actually pays for itself.
Killing Marketing explores how these companies are ending the marketing as we know it--in favor of this new, exciting model.
Killing Marketing provides the insight, approaches, and examples you need to understand these disruptive forces in ways that turn your marketing from cost center to revenue creator. This book builds the case for, literally, transforming the purpose of marketing within your organization. Joe Pulizzi and Robert Rose of the Content Marketing Institute show how leading companies are able sell the very content that propels their marketing strategy. You’ll learn how to:
* Transform all or part of your marketing operation into a media company
* Integrate this new operation into traditional marketing efforts
* Develop best practices for attracting and retaining audiences
* Build a strategy for competing against traditional media companies
* Create a paid/earned media strategy fueled by an owned media strategy
Red Bull, Johnson & Johnson, Disney and Arrow Electronics have succeeded in what ten years ago would have been deemed impossible. They continue to market their products as they always have, and, through their content-driven and audience-building initiatives, they drive value outside the day-to-day products they sell—and monetize it directly.
Killing Marketing rewrites the rules of marketing—enabling you to make the kind of transition that turns average companies into industry legends.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Chapter 1 | Killing Marketing
- Chapter 2 | Return on Audience
- Chapter 3 | Media Marketing
- Chapter 4 | The Revenue Model
- Chapter 5 | The Marketing Media Savings Model
- Chapter 6 | First Steps on the Road to Killing Marketing
- Chapter 7 | The One Media Model
- Chapter 8 | Today: The Beginning
- Chapter 9 | What Now: Lessons Learned Along the Transformation
- Chapter 10 | The Future of Marketing
- Title: Killing Marketing: How Innovative Businesses Are Turning Marketing Cost Into Profit
- Release date: September 2017
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9781260026436
You might also like
Marketing Research, 11th Edition
TRY (FREE for 14 days), OR RENT this title: www.wileystudentchoice.com In Marketing Research, 11th Edition, authors …
You, Only Better
If you want to be happy, fulfilled and energised its probably best not to obsess over …
Apply software-inspired management concepts to accelerate modern marketing In many ways, modern marketing has more in …
How to Build an Online Business
The ultimate guide to launching and growing an online business You’ve got a crazy idea, a …