Develop, run, test, and deploy your applications in the cloud
About This Video
- Package your code to run in Kubernetes via hands-on experience with several real-world examples.
- Clear explanations with easy examples that can be followed while working through the course.
- Develop and run your software using containers within a Kubernetes environment
Kubernetes is a powerful tool developed by Google for managing containerized applications in a clustered environment. Kubernetes helps you automate, deploy, scale, and manage containerized applications. It gives you the freedom to take advantage of on-premise cloud infrastructures. It also helps you write better cloud-native applications.
This course will give you detailed instructions, real-world examples, and helpful advice. We will begin by learning to set up the development environment on your local machine. Then move on to package your code into Kubernetes, and manage container lifecycles. Once you get a grip in understanding the RBAC Authorization, very easily explore the monitoring techniques with Prometheus and troubleshoot your service account. Finally you will learn to create a cluster in your Google Cloud Environment and deploy your application in production.
By the end of this video, you will develop, run, test, and deploy your application in the cloud, utilizing the power of Kubernetes to its full potential.
Please find all the code and support files at the following GitHub repository: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Kubernetes-for-Developers-V-
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Setting Up Kubernetes for Development
Chapter 2 : Packaging Your Code to Run in Kubernetes
- What a Container Image Is, How to Build a Container? 00:12:06
- Example Code in Node.js Compiled into a Container 00:08:44
- Example Code in Golang Compiled into a Container 00:05:17
- Create Your Images for Use Within Kubernetes – Uploading to a Registry 00:06:49
- Run Commands in Your Container, and Get Debugging Logs, Running on Local Docker 00:02:39
Chapter 3 : How Do You Run the Pod in Kubernetes?
- Pod and Deployment Lifecycle, along with Pod Lifecycle Hooks 00:05:16
- How Labels and Annotations Work with the Kubernetes Infrastructure 00:05:43
- Deployments – Creating a Rollout of Your Pod 00:07:21
- Persistent Storage 00:08:22
- Handle Arguments and Configuration Values Like ConfigMap and Environment Variables 00:09:28
- Services – Connecting Your Pod (Deployment) to the Outside World 00:06:36
- Chapter 4 : Understanding Role-Based Access (RBAC Authorization), Securing Pods, and Logins
- Chapter 5 : Monitoring the Kubernetes Cluster
- Chapter 6 : Deploying the Application on the Cloud
- Title: Kubernetes for Developers
- Release date: November 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788832137