Easy-to-follow steps to create your own video sharing platform from scratch
About This Video
- Step-by-step tutorial for creating a YouTube-like application
- Regular assessments and quizzes
- Mini projects after every logical module
- End-of-course DIY projects
Laravel is on the top when it comes to PHP frameworks. There are multiple reasons for this. One of this being that it can handle heavy data with ease. This makes a perfect choice when you are dealing with applications with video steaming.
Laravel: Architect YouTube-like Platforms provides a step-by-step guide that will help you create your very own video sharing application much like YouTube and Vimeo right from scratch.
We begin this course by setting up the required environment and tools to that we would require to complete our project. We then start by building components one-by-one. We start by creating the user account component that deals with authentication, account information and other essentials. We then move on to build the search components and channels. We will also learn how to include features like subscriptions, history page, like and dislike buttons, comment sections, and so on.
Finally, we will learn how to use Amazon Web Services (AWS) for video transcoding and storage. By the end of this course you will have a solid platform that I will teach you to launch to production.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : User Accounts
- Chapter 3 : Channels and Search
- Chapter 4 : Video Upload and Transcoding
- Chapter 5 : Subscriptions
- Chapter 6 : Page
- Chapter 7 : Up Vote and Down Vote
- Chapter 8 : Commenting
- Chapter 9 : Deployment
- Title: Laravel – Architect YouTube-Like Platforms
- Release date: December 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788390590