Book DescriptionThis book provides young leaders or future high-potentials the guidance needed for how to deal with the challenges of leading teams in modern organizations.
Leading ones first team can be a daunting and sometimes overwhelming experience, requiring self-reflection, self-discipline, communication, and organizational skills as well as no small amount of guts and values.
This book provides young leaders or future high-potentials the guidance needed for how to deal with the challenges of leading teams in modern organizations. Understanding the power of strengths-based leadership using clear two-way communication and, in particular, identifying with one’s own leadership philosophy are central themes in this book. It highlights the typical mistakes made by first-time leaders and offers theoretical and practical advice to deal with the difficulties of management.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 Do You Want to Drive the Bus?: Leaders Often Underestimate Leadership
- Chapter 2 Start with the Why: Leaders Micromanage and Focus on Details
- Chapter 3 Let It Go: Some Leaders Take on too Much
- Chapter 4 Bee Glasses: Some Leaders Do Not Work Strengths-Oriented
- Chapter 5 Out with the Carrot and Stick: Leaders Often Make the Mistake of Only Motivating Extrinsically
- Chapter 6 The Rush Hour of My Life: Leaders Underestimate the Real Danger of Work Overload
- Chapter 7 The Science Bit: Leaders Do Not Know About the Power of the Brain
- Chapter 8 The Big Battle: Leaders Often Apply the Wrong Leadership Style
- Chapter 9 Persuasive Communication: Many Good Leaders Do Not Use Convincing-Enough Rhetoric
- Chapter 10 Talk the Talk: Too Many Leaders Just Do Not Know How to Communicate Right
- Chapter 11 Company Culture: Culture Is Not Only a Nation-to-Nation Thing
- Chapter 12 What Is Next?
- About the Author
- Title: Leadership Insights
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781948198288