Build Android apps using the popular and efficient Android Studio 3 suite of tools, an integrated development environment (IDE) for Android developers using Java APIs. With this book, you’ll learn the latest and most productive tools in the Android tools ecosystem, ensuring quick Android app development and minimal effort on your part.
Along the way, you’ll use Android Studio to develop Java-based Android apps, tier by tier through practical examples. These examples cover core Android topics such as notifications and toast; intents and broadcast receivers; and services. Then, you’ll learn how to publish your apps and sell them online and in the Google Play store.
What You'll Learn
- Use Android Studio 3 to quickly and confidently build your first Android apps
- Build an Android user interface using activities and layouts, event handling, images, menus and the action bar
- Incorporate new elements including fragments
- Integrate data with data persistence
- Access the cloud
Who This Book Is For
Those who may be new to Android Studio 3 or Android Studio in general. You may or may not be new to Android development in general. Some prior experience with Java is also recommended.
- Title: Learn Android Studio 3 : Efficient Android App Development
- Release date: February 2018
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484231562