Considered a classic by an entire generation of Mac programmers, Dave Mark's Learn C on the Mac has been updated for you to include Mac OS X Mountain Lion and the latest iOS considerations.
Learn C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS, Second Edition is perfect for beginners learning to program. It includes contemporary OS X and iOS examples! This book also does the following:
After reading this book, you'll be ready to program and build apps using the C language and Objective-C will become much easier for you to learn when you're ready to pick that up.
What you'll learn
Who this book is for
For anyone wanting to learn to program in Mac OS X and iOS, including developers new to the Mac and iPhone/iPad, developers new to C, or students entirely new to programming.
Table of contents
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Authors
- About the Technical Reviewer
- Chapter 1: Go Get the Tools!
- Chapter 2: Programming Basics
- Chapter 3: C Basics: Statements and Functions
- Chapter 4: C Basics: Variables and Operators
- Chapter 5: Debugging
- Chapter 6: Controlling Your Program’s Flow
- Chapter 7: Pointers and Parameters
- Chapter 8: More Data Types
- Chapter 9: The Command Line
- Chapter 10: Designing Your Own Data Structures
- Chapter 11: Working With Files
- Chapter 12: Handling Errors
- Chapter 13: Advanced Topics
- Chapter 14: Where Do You Go from Here?
- Appendix: Answers to Exercises
- Title: Learn C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS, Second Edition
- Release date: December 2012
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430245339
You might also like
Head First Go
What will you learn from this book? Go makes it easy to build software that’s simple, …
Learn C the Hard Way (Companion Videos)
These videos are companion files meant to be used with the book: Learn C the Hard …
Linux in Action
Summary Linux in Action is a task-based tutorial that will give you the skills and deep …
Advanced Programming in the UNIX® Environment, Third Edition
For more than twenty years, serious C programmers have relied on one book for practical, in-depth …