Corona SDK is one of the most popular app and game mobile development platforms in the world, and Learn Corona SDK Game Development walks you through creating a full-featured Corona game from scratch to the App Store.
You'll learn Lua basics (the foundation of Corona), how to add and manipulate graphics, and how to use controls like multitouch, accelerometer, and gyroscope. You'll also learn how to use Box2D (Corona physics under the hood), and how to add sound effects and music.
As you're polishing your game, you'll also learn about ads, in-app purchases, and OpenFeint and Game Center integration. Finally, you'll learn the ins and outs of getting a game into the App Store or other app marketplaces.
Whether you're developing exclusively for iOS, or whether you're developing for Android or other platforms, Learn Corona SDK Game Development explains just what you need to launch your career as a mobile game developer.
What you'll learn
Just enough Lua to get started with Corona
How to put your Corona code together
How to work with images and effects
Adding music and sound
Game physics and AI
Working with app stores and marketplaces
Who this book is for
Beginning mobile game developers, with a grasp of the basics of programming, who want a complete walkthrough of the Corona app and game development tool, or iOS or Android developers who want to learn about Corona SDK.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewer
Part 1: Get Ready . . . Get Set . . .
- Chapter 1: Say Hello to My Little Friend: The Corona SDK
Chapter 2: The Pillar of Creation: Lua
- A Jack of All Trades
- The Bare Necessities: Lexicology
- The Keys to Success: Keywords
- Making a Statement: Commenting
- A Place for Your Stuff: Variables, Values, and Types
- Expressing Yourself: Expressions and Operators
- Let’s Table This Discussion: The Mythical “Table”
- Getting Functional: All about Functions
- Taking Control: Control Structures
- Knocked for a Loop: The for, while, and repeat Constructs
- Compartmentalizing: Modules
- Variations on a Theme: Changes Made to Lua in Corona
Part 2: Go!
- Chapter 3: Basic Application Structure
- Chapter 4: Title, Menu, and Settings Scenes
- Chapter 5: The Game, Part 1: Core Game Code
- Chapter 6: The Game, Part 2: Main Loop
- Chapter 7: The Game, Part 3: Player Control Input
- Chapter 8: The Game, Part 4: Collision Events
- Chapter 9: Wrapping Up
Part 3: The Postgame Show
- Chapter 10: Odds and Ends
- Chapter 11: Testing and Publishing
- Title: Learn Corona SDK Game Development
- Release date: April 2013
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430250685
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Tiny Python Projects
The projects are tiny, but the rewards are big: each chapter in Tiny Python Projects challenges …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Lua Quick Start Guide
The easiest way to learn Lua programming Key Features The easiest way to learn Lua coding …