Games are a big deal. I’m uncomfortable confessing exactly how many hours I’ve spent capturing enemy suns or dodging zombies, but let’s just say that iOS games can be both engaging and addictive. While this book isn’t about game development—there are some great books on the subject—I would like to give you a little taste of how games are created in iOS. In this chapter, you’ll learn the following:
- How to create a simple iOS game based on SpriteKit
- How to design a SpriteKit scene
- How to make scene transitions
- How to add image and text content to your scenes
- How to write responder functions to provide user interaction
- How to define the physical behavior of nodes
- How to create physical relationships between nodes using attachments ...