About This Video
- How to create the HTML5 structures of an app.
- How to make an app pretty with CSS (design, design, design!)
By the end of the course, you'll be one stop closer to creating web apps like a pro. You could even try creating other smaller web apps.
The course is structured in such a way that each section will handle one of the 3 languages covered here.
Introduction: This is where we explain how the app works, and what we'll be using to achieve the same results.
Module 1: This Module shows how to create the bare bones of the app with HTML5. The result will be a page with all the elements we need in our app, devoid any colors or design elements.
Module 2: Here, we'll "beautify" our app. We'll be using CSS elements to give our app colors and styles. At the end of this module, we'll have a calculator app that looks like the final result, albeit one that does not perform any calculations yet.
Final section: Finally, we will give you some ideas on how to improve the app and make it your own in terms of design and functionalities.
Table of contents
Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Introduction 00:04:00
- Chapter 2 : HTML building blocks
- Chapter 3 : Styling the calculator app - achieving the final look
- Connecting HTML and script/JS files 00:06:04
- An introduction to variables and assigning values 00:09:59
- Mathematical operators and alerts 00:09:52
- Conditional statements - if else statement 00:06:13
- Conditional statements - Switch case 00:07:12
- Loops - For loop 00:06:31
- Arrays - 1 dimensional arrays 00:06:37
- Arrays - 2 dimensional arrays 00:05:08
- An introduction to functions (function definition and calls) 00:10:42
- Intro to DOM - getElementById and InnerText 00:10:48
- Intro to DOM - adding click events to buttons 00:09:06
- More Event listeners Part 1 00:08:12
- More Event listeners Part 2 00:04:39
- Chapter 6 : Some design enhancements for the app
- Making changes in the HTML code and the window onload function 00:06:05
- Retrieve the necessary elements using DOM functions 00:08:03
- Create the button click event for the calculator buttons 00:05:39
- Create the button click function 00:07:35
- Create the function that lets you enter information into the display box 00:07:02
- Create the function that does your calculator's calculations 00:05:05
- Create the function that does your calculator's calculations Part 2 00:03:28
- Create the function that erases your display & finish coding the calculator 00:04:08
- Release date: February 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838641429
You might also like
Amazon Web Services AWS LiveLessons 2nd Edition
More Than 17 Hours of Video Instruction More than 17 hours of video instruction on Amazon …
Node.js - The Complete Guide
Master Node.js to build REST APIs, GraphQL APIs, add authentication, use MongoDB, SQL, and much more! …
Node.js, Express and MongoDB Dev to Deployment
Learn by Example Building and Deploying Real-World Node.js Applications from Absolute Scratch About This Video An …