Grasp the intricacies of Kotlin and equip yourself to develop premium Android apps from novice to pro
About This Video
- Get acquainted with the fundamentals of Kotlin enabling you to build effective Android applications.
- Build exciting application to get to grips with the Kotlin language for the Android platform.
- Implement examples that will take you on a smooth journey of developing Android apps
Kotlin has been making waves ever since it was open sourced by JetBrains in 2011; it has been praised by developers across the world and is already being adopted by companies. This video provides a detailed introduction to Kotlin that shows you all its features and will enable you to write Kotlin code to production. We start with the basics: get you familiar with running Kotlin code, setting up, tools, and instructions that you can use to write basic programs. Next, we cover object oriented code: functions and properties – all while using Kotlin’s new features.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to Kotlin
- Chapter 2 : Create a Simple Kotlin App Project and Layout
- Chapter 3 : Connect Layouts and Widgets to Kotlin Functions
- Chapter 4 : Classes, Objects and Null Checks
- Chapter 5 : Using Android Components
- Chapter 6 : Integrations
- Chapter 7 : Images
- Title: Learn Kotlin by Developing Android Apps
- Release date: September 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788473804