Video descriptionA must-have resource. I thoroughly recommend it!
Iain Campbell, Tango Telecom
In Learn Kubernetes in a Month of Lunches you'll go from "what's a Pod?" to automatically scaling clusters of containers and components in just 22 hands-on lessons, each short enough to fit into a lunch break. Every lesson is task-focused and covers an essential skill on the road to Kubernetes mastery. You'll learn how to smooth container management with Kubernetes, including securing your clusters, and upgrades and rollbacks with zero downtime. No development stack, platform, or background is assumed. Author Elton Stoneman describes all patterns generically, so you can easily apply them to your applications and port them to other projects!
about the technology
Create apps that perform identically on your laptop, data center, and cloud! Kubernetes provides a consistent method for deploying applications on any platform, making it easy to grow. By efficiently orchestrating Docker containers, Kubernetes simplifies tasks like rolling upgrades, scaling, and self-healing.
about the book
Learn Kubernetes in a Month of Lunches is your guide to getting up and running with Kubernetes. You'll progress from Kubernetes basics to essential skills, learning to model, deploy, and manage applications in production. Exercises demonstrate how Kubernetes works with multiple languages and frameworks. You'll also practice with new apps, legacy code, and serverless functions.
- Deploying applications on Kubernetes clusters
- Understanding the Kubernetes app lifecycle, from packaging to rollbacks
- Self-healing and scalable apps
- Using Kubernetes as a platform for new technologies
about the audience
For readers familiar with Docker and containerization.
about the author
Elton Stoneman is a Docker Captain, a 11-time Microsoft MVP, and the author of Learn Docker in a Month of Lunches.Everything you need to get you up and running with Kubernetes.
Marc-Anthony Taylor, yelster Digital GmbH
Written from both the Dev and Ops perspective, this book reads like a delightful journey through the exciting landscape that is Kubernetes.
Yogesh Shetty, ING
Easy to follow real-world examples of how Kubernetes can and should be used.
Sander Stad, Waypoint Analytical
NARRATED BY NATE COLITTO
Table of contents
- First week: Fast track to Kubernetes
- Chapter 1. Before you begin
- Chapter 2. Running containers in Kubernetes with Pods and Deployments
- Chapter 3. Connecting Pods over the network with Services
- Chapter 4. Configuring applications with ConfigMaps and Secrets
- Chapter 5. Storing data with volumes, mounts, and claims
- Chapter 6. Scaling applications across multiple Pods with controllers
- Second week: Kubernetes in the real world
- Chapter 7. Extending applications with multicontainer Pods
- Chapter 8. Running data-heavy apps with StatefulSets and Jobs
- Chapter 9. Managing app releases with rollouts and rollbacks
- Chapter 10. Packaging and managing apps with Helm
- Chapter 11. App development-Developer workflows and CI/CD
- Third week: Preparing for production
- Chapter 12. Empowering self-healing apps
- Chapter 13. Centralizing logs with Fluentd and Elasticsearch
- Chapter 14. Monitoring applications and Kubernetes with Prometheus
- Chapter 15. Managing incoming traffic with Ingress
- Chapter 16. Securing applications with policies, contexts, and admission control
- Fourth week: Pure and applied Kubernetes
- Chapter 17. Securing resources with role-based access control
- Chapter 18. Deploying Kubernetes: Multinode and multiarchitecture clusters
- Chapter 19. Controlling workload placement and automatic scaling
- Chapter 20. Extending Kubernetes with custom resources and Operators
- Chapter 21. Running serverless functions in Kubernetes
- Chapter 22. Never the end
- Appendix A. Packaging applications from source code into Docker Images
- Appendix B. Adding observability with containerized monitoring
- Appendix C. Application configuration management in containers
- Appendix D. Writing and managing application logs with Docker
- Title: Learn Kubernetes in a Month of Lunches (Audiobook)
- Release date: February 2021
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: None
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Tiny Python Projects
The projects are tiny, but the rewards are big: each chapter in Tiny Python Projects challenges …