Gateway load balancing requires that you set up at least one gateway group, which consists of two or more WAN interfaces. This involves several steps:
- Adding WAN interfaces and configuring them
- Configuring DNS servers for each of the newly-created WAN interfaces
- Forming gateway groups and adding the new interfaces to them
- Adding firewall rules for each new gateway group
Adding and configuring additional WAN interfaces is not difficult. When you first set up pfSense, the WAN interface is automatically created and configured in the setup wizard. Configuring additional WAN interfaces is not that much different. It involves the following steps:
- Navigate to Interfaces | (assign), and on the Interface Assignment tabs, ...