You now know how to make sprites, but how do you make them move? That’s what this chapter is all about. We’re going to take a close look at all the code you have to write to start making your sprites move around the stage. You’ll learn about
- Making a game loop
- Using velocity properties
- Modularizing your animation code by using game states
- Making a sprite move by using the keyboard
- Containing a sprite’s movement inside the canvas
- Applying physics to a sprite’s movement
At the end of this chapter, you’ll be well prepared to apply these techniques to all kinds of interactive games and applications, so let’s get started! ...