Visual Effects and Transitions
Pixi is a high-powered 2D rendering engine packed with all kinds of useful tools to help you make spectacular visual effects with minimal effort. In this chapter, you’re going to learn all the techniques and code you need to know to get those tools working for you quickly, including the following:
- Tiling sprites. A quick way to scroll a seamlessly repeating pattern
- Texture effects. Specialized methods for working with textures
- Tinting. Changes a sprite’s color
- Masking. A shape that hides any part of the sprite that’s outside of the shape’s area.
- Blend modes. Determine how semitransparent sprites blend ...