Everything you need to know about sending requests and handling responses in Python.
About This Video
- These videos last a couple of hours and explain all the fundamentals of web and Python requests.
- Explanations targeted at beginners. We don't assume you know anything about sending requests, so we explain all the code you write. We don't just show you how we also explain why.
- The codes for all the videos are included, so you can choose to write code along with through the videos or start from the completed code in an individual video.
For Python developers who want to connect their apps with external APIs, Learn Python Requests teaches you all you need to know to use the Requests library in Python. This course will teach you the basics of requests on the web and how to use the Requests library to work with external APIs. By learning how to use the Requests library, you'll know everything you need to know to integrate APIs into your Python apps.
Why Requests? It's not always feasible to build all the functionality you want into your apps off your own bat; using third-party APIs enables you to implement things such as sending text messages, integrating calendars, and accepting payments.
Once you enroll, you'll get access to a couple of hours of content that you can work through at your own pace. Code for all the videos is included, which makes it much easier for you to follow along. Once you purchase the course, feel free to protect your investment and by downloading all the course videos and code into your personal library. You'll start by learning the basics of web requests on the web. Next you'll learn how to use the important parts of the Requests library. And, since the best way to learn is by example, we show you how to connect to three APIs: GitHub, Twilio, and REST Countries.
The skills you learn in this course will help you enhance your apps. By the end of the course, you should understand the fundamentals of sending requests in Python. With this knowledge, you'll be able to integrate APIs from the services you need the most. This course covers using Python Requests 2.0. Python 3.4+ is required, but no advanced features are used so you may be able to use an older version of Python.
Table of contents
Chapter 1 : Understanding Requests
- Start How Requests Work 00:15:57
Chapter 2 : The Python Requests Library
- Start Setup 00:00:51
- Start Documentation and Tools 00:01:55
- Preview Send A Simple Request 00:03:23
- Start Reading the Response 00:05:32
- Start Passing URL Parameters 00:04:26
- Start Custom Headers 00:03:08
- Start Changing the Request Method 00:02:56
- Preview Sending A Request With JSON 00:03:59
- Start Sending Request with Form Data 00:03:58
- Start Sending Files 00:06:22
- Start Saving an Image 00:03:57
- Start Exceptions 00:06:43
- Start Timeout 00:04:51
- Start HTTP Basic Authentication 00:04:28
Chapter 3 : Reading API Documentation
- Start Reading API Documentation 00:05:23
- Chapter 4 : REST Countries
- Chapter 5 : Twilio
- Chapter 6 : GitHub
- Title: Learn Python Requests
- Release date: September 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781839215902
You might also like
Hands-On Enterprise Automation with Python.
Invent your own Python scripts to automate your infrastructure About This Book Make the most of …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Learning Python Networking - Second Edition
Achieve improved network programmability and automation by leveraging powerful network programming concepts, algorithms, and tools Key …
The Complete Python Course
Go from beginner to expert in Python by building projects. The best investment for your Python …