Learn RabbitMQ: Asynchronous Messaging with Java and Spring
About This Video
- Learn to develop Queues, Exchanges, Routings, and Listeners with Rabbit MQ using Java and Spring
- Learn and understand the architecture of RabbitMQ
This course will walk you through the beginning from scratch - messaging itself! We'll discover what messaging means and how it affects our architectural decisions and design considerations. Next, we will study about Advanced Message Queueing Protocol (AMQP). We'll discover the benefits and reasons behind the popularity of AMQP and how it has shaped the architecture of RabbitMQ from messaging concepts to client platforms making use of it.
We'll learn Queues, Exchanges, Bindings, Routings, Publishers, Subscribers, and more about RabbitMQ!. We'll install all the necessary software for RabbitMQ and have it up and running on our machines - both on Windows and MacOS. We'll see and learn how RabbitMQ Dashboard helps us easily monitor and manage our RabbitMQ server and send our first ever message to RabbitMQ!
We'll learn how to construct Queues, Exchanges, and Bindings with Spring AMQP using both Annotations Builder methods and also develop a message listener for specific queue that we also created programmatically. We'll both publish and listen to messages and develop a complete application from scratch similar to other professional applications!
RabbitMQ is the most widely-deployed open-source message broker or messaging middleware in other terms. RabbitMQ is lightweight and easy to deploy on premises and in the cloud. It supports multiple messaging protocols. RabbitMQ can be deployed in distributed and federated configurations to meet high-scale, high-availability requirements. RabbitMQ runs on many operating systems and cloud environments. It also provides a wide range of developer tools for most popular languages.
All the codes and supporting files for this course are available at: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Learn-RabbitMQ-Asynchronous-Messaging-with-Java-and-Spring
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Getting Started with RabbitMQ
Chapter 3 : Messaging, AMQP and RabbitMQ
- Section Overview 00:02:29
- What is Messaging and Why We Need It? 00:07:44
- Messaging Protocols Overview 00:08:24
- What is AMQP and What It Solves? 00:07:03
- Meet RabbitMQ 00:06:32
- 4 Actors of Messaging with RabbitMQ - Exchanges, Queues, Topics and Bindings 00:02:23
- Exchanges 00:04:23
- Queues 00:03:00
- Topics 00:01:50
- Bindings 00:03:27
- RabbitMQ vs. other MQs: A Comparison 00:03:47
- Chapter 4 : Application Development Basics with RabbitMQ
Chapter 5 : Configuring Queues and Exchanges with RabbitMQ
- Section Overview 00:01:55
- Queue Configuration with Spring AMQP 00:06:56
- Direct Exchange Configuration with Spring AMQP 00:05:42
- Topic Exchange Configuration with Spring AMQP 00:02:49
- Fanout Exchange Configuration with RabbitMQ 00:02:38
- Headers Exchange Configuration with RabbitMQ 00:02:25
- Creating Bindings Between Queues and Exchanges 00:06:39
- Scenario: Receiving and Processing Messages from Different Apps 00:05:34
- Chapter 6 : Summary
- Title: Learn RabbitMQ: Asynchronous Messaging with Java and Spring
- Release date: February 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838646189