Give Your Ruby On Rails Skills a Quantum Leap With Project Based Training
About This Video
Over 31 lectures and 6 hours of content!
Master Project Development in Ruby on Rails
Ruby on Rails is a well established and popular framework for building web applications. This course takes a highly practical, projects-based approach to improving your Ruby on Rails skillset. Starting with a basic knowledge of Rails, you will build increasingly complex real-world projects created to train and expand your knowledge and provide you with important skills to take your web development career forward. The course has been taught primarily in Linux. We have included tutorials to help you get started in Windows but we suggest you use some flavour of Linux for this course. You can use a virtual OS if required. This course also assumes you know SQL, as we have used it in all of the examples. The following projects will not only help you understand the core concepts of Ruby on Rails (ROR), but will also teach you important development best practices.
The Projects are: -
Book Store - The first project is a simple book stock application. Blogging System - Learn to make a complete blog management system like WordPress in Ruby on Rails.
Image Gallery - Create an image gallery for image storage and retrieval.
Shopping Cart - You will learn the basic shopping cart development process and you can extend the code to build your own online stores.
Content Management System - This is the most complex of the projects tackled in the course. This project is a robust content management tool similar to many commercial applications. It will refresh all the techniques and processes learnt in this course.
If you successfully build and improve on the projects covered in this course you will be able to undertake and complete any project in ROR. So come aboard and learn to be a Rails ninja.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started
Chapter 2 : Building A Simple Book Store
- Setting up the Environment 00:02:31
- MySQL SetUp 00:20:54
- BookStore Controllers & Views 00:25:39
- BookStore Application Layout - Part A 00:25:08
- BookStore Application Layout - Part B 00:21:52
- BookStore Models & Database 00:21:11
- Creating Books 00:30:19
- Editing & Deleting Books 00:23:37
- Editing & Deleting Other Resources 00:18:29
Chapter 3 : Building a Blogging System
- Project Intro 00:03:04
- Building the rBlog UI Part – A 00:26:55
- Building the rBlog UI Part – B 00:08:22
- Building the rBlog UI Part – C 00:21:29
- Setup Controllers, Models & Routes 00:24:46
- Bootstrap Sass Layouts 00:16:14
- Implementing the Application UI 00:20:00
- Admin CRUD Part – A 00:25:26
- Admin Crud Part – B 00:22:57
- Search & Pagination 00:25:47
- File Upload & Editor Fields 00:21:30
- Frontend Posts, Categories & Comments 00:28:11
- rBlog Login System 00:22:53
- Chapter 4 : Building a Image Gallery
- Chapter 5 : RailsCMS
- Chapter 6 : Spree Ecommerce Site
Chapter 7 : Course Summary
- Course summary 00:03:36
- Title: Learn Ruby on Rails by Building Projects
- Release date: July 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781787123946