Swift is a powerful programming language that is fun as the syntax is concise yet expressive and feature-rich.
This course helps you take your first steps into programming for Apple devices with Swift. You'll quickly learn Swift and the new features introduced in its latest version. You'll design user interfaces using the UIKit and unleash the power of Storyboards with AutoLayout. You'll use the CoreLocation framework to determine a device's geographic location, altitude, and orientation.
This course lets you explore the most important development tools and techniques used to develop real-world iOS apps while giving you insights into how to improve performance using the latest version of Swift. Finally, you'll learn how to write UI tests for your applications to manage performance and then submit your app to the App Store.
By the end of this course, you will have gotten started as a Swift programmer and will be able to build your own apps.
What You Will Learn
- Develop a fully functional sample app from scratch using Xcode
- Discover the Swift 5 basics and get familiar with its coding principles and syntax
- Design an app using UIKit elements and discover the power of Storyboards with AutoLayout
- Make web service calls and parse JSON responses
- Learn how to use the CoreLocation framework, go through Apple s documentation, and make use of other frameworks in the future
- Write UI Tests for your applications to achieve good code coverage and automate some testing processes
This course is for developers and programmers keen to get up-and-running with Swift and move towards iOS development as a career.
While no prior experience of Swift is required, a basic understanding would be useful.
About The Author
Kushal Ashok: Kushal Ashok has been developing iOS apps since 2012 and has twice been involved in Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC). He has over 7 years' experience working with Swift and extensive global experience, including the US and China.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Swift
- Chapter 2 : Designing the User Interface
- Chapter 3 : Integrating Web Service Calls and JSON Parsing
- Chapter 4 : Using CoreLocation Framework
- Chapter 5 : Debugging and Troubleshooting
- Chapter 6 : UI Testing
- Chapter 7 : Submission to the App Store
- Title: Learn Swift 5 Programming
- Release date: May 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838983925
You might also like
Swift 5 Programming for Beginners
Have you ever wanted to try out programming but didn't know where to start? Have you …
iOS 13 Programming Fundamentals with Swift
Move into iOS development by getting a firm grasp of its fundamentals, including the Xcode 10 …
Swift Functional Programming - Second Edition
Bring the power of functional programming to Swift to develop clean, smart, scalable and reliable applications. …
Swift 5 for Absolute Beginners: Learn to Develop Apps for iOS
Stay motivated and overcome obstacles while learning to use Swift Playgrounds and Xcode 10.2 to become …