The implementation of PPO provided by Unity for training has been set up in a single script that we can put together quite quickly. Open up Unity to the unityenvironment sample projects and go through the following steps:
- Locate the GridWorld scene in the Assets/ML-Agents/Examples/GridWorld folder. Double-click it to open it.
- Locate the GridWorldBrain and set it to External.
- If you have already set the project up to run minimized, then proceed to the next step. If not, you will need to go back to the ML-Agents external brains section to learn the required setup.
- From the menu, select File | Build Settings....
- Uncheck any earlier scenes and be sure to click Add Open Scenes to add the GridWorld scene to the build.
- Click ...