Learn Windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an innovative tutorial designed for busy administrators. Even if you have no prior exposure to IIS, you can follow the crisp explanations, examples, and exercises in this concise, easy-to-read book. Just set aside one hour a day -- lunchtime would be perfect -- for a month, and you'll be managing, securing, and automating IIS administrative tasks faster than you thought possible.
About the Technology
When your website slows to a crawl, Exchange stops sending internet mail, or SharePoint goes down, it doesn't matter if your business card says "IIS Administrator." You have to get things working again. Fast. IIS is the fundamental communication gateway for many Microsoft servers as well as the primary technology for publishing web sites. Knowing how to manage IIS effectively can mean the difference between a successful business solution and a vacant parking lot.
About the Book
When your website slows to a crawl or Exchange stops sending internet mail, you have to get things working again. Fast. IIS is the communication gateway for most Microsoft servers as well as the primary technology for publishing web sites. Learning to manage it effectively means you can keep your systems running smoothly and go home on time.
Learn Windows IIS in a Month of Lunches is an innovative tutorial designed for busy administrators. Follow the crisp explanations, examples, and exercises in this concise, easy-to-read book, and you'll be managing, securing, and automating IIS faster than you thought possible. You'll start with IIS fundamentals, and then systematically explore web farm design, website management, and high availability, along with practices to keep your Exchange, SharePoint, System Center, and Lync servers running smoothly.
- 24 bite-sized lessons with practice examples
- High-value troubleshooting techniques
- No previous IIS experience assumed
About the Reader
Written for anyone who needs to manage IIS, whether you're an IT pro or a reluctant administrator.
About the Author
Jason Helmick is a professional trainer and consultant specializing in Active Directory and IIS. He's the founder of the Arizona PowerShell User Group.
A fundamental reference for automating everyday tasks on IIS.
- Victor Onate, Microsof
Comprehensive, in-depth, and up to date!
- Jerry Warner, Southern Tier Athletics
Push your IIS skills to the next level.
- Brian T Young, American Express
Excellent examples of management in both GUI and PowerShell.
- Shane Beacom, Independent IT Consultant
Absolutely essential for the multiple-hat systems administrator.
- Francis Setash, U.S. Department of State
Table of contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- About this Book
- Chapter 1. Before you begin
- Chapter 2. Deploying the web server
- Chapter 3. Exploring and launching a website
- Chapter 4. Managing application pools
- Chapter 5. Adding more websites to your server
- Chapter 6. What every administrator should know about web applications
- Chapter 7. Securing your sites and web applications
- Chapter 8. Securing the server
- Chapter 9. Protecting data with certificates
- Chapter 10. FTP and SMTP with IIS
- Chapter 11. Sharing administrative responsibilities through remote management
- Chapter 12. Optimizing sites for users and search engines
- Chapter 13. Building a web farm with Microsoft Network Load Balancing
- Chapter 14. Building a web farm with Application Request Routing
- Chapter 15. High availability for ARR using Microsoft NLB
- Chapter 16. Sharing content and configuration to the web farm
- Chapter 17. Sharing IIS configurations for a web farm
- Chapter 18. Using the central certificate store for certificate management
- Chapter 19. Web farm provisioning with the Web Farm Framework
- Chapter 20. Disaster recovery for IIS
- Chapter 21. The final exam
- Chapter 22. Never the end
- Chapter 23. IIS PowerShell cheat sheet
- Chapter 24. Lab setup guide
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Listings
- Title: Learn Windows IIS in a Month of Lunches
- Release date: December 2013
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781617290978
You might also like
Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches, Third Edition
Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches, Third Edition is an innovative tutorial designed for …
Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches, Third Edition, video edition
"Superb...full of real-world examples, this book is an IT specialist's best friend." Olivier Deveault, Voxco Group …
Learn PowerShell Scripting in a Month of Lunches
GET MORE WITH MANNING An eBook copy of the previous edition, Learn PowerShell Toolmaking in a …
Learn PowerShell in a Month of Lunches, Fourth Edition
Designed for busy IT professionals, this innovative guide will take you from the basics to PowerShell …