Your go-to guide when building successful Angular 2 components.
About This Video
Learn what Angular components are all about and how they differ from the directives.
Start building real-world Angular 2 components.
Design reusable components by leveraging advanced template techniques.
Learning Angular 2 Components helps you get on track by introducing you to Google’s brand new Angular 2 web framework. In this video course, you will be guided through the various steps in building real-world Angular 2 components.
We will start by setting up a modern development environment with TypeScript and ES2015 support, and you'll gain an initial understanding of what components are about, how to build them, and how they differ from the components. We then focus on applying new concepts while building a fictitious dashboard application for a home automation system.
We'll guide you through the process of building reusable Angular 2 components. You will learn about HTML rendering templates, see how to establish a data flow between different components, and even find out how to integrate external libraries. But not only that, we will also focus on how to make our components production-ready and maintainable by applying automated unit and end-to-end testing techniques. As a bonus, you will discover how to bring your Angular 2 components to other environments such as the server side and mobile devices.
Learning Angular 2 Components is your go-to guide when building successful Angular 2 components.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started
- Chapter 2 : Angular 2 – Scratching the Surface
Chapter 3 : HomeAuto – First Screens
- Decomposing and Building an Application Foundation 00:09:54
- Scanning for New Sensors 00:08:06
- Creating a General-Purpose Filter 00:06:09
- Chapter 4 : Building Reusable Modals
- Chapter 5 : Building Up Our Dashboard
- Chapter 6 : Maintaining Components
- Chapter 7 : Show Me More!
- Title: Learning Angular components - Second Edition
- Release date: January 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781787125506