Using a free and open source, distributed real-time computation system was never this much fun!
About This Video
- Learn the key points of the Lambda Architecture and the role Apache Storm plays in it
- Learn programming techniques to create a Storm topology, its patterns, and anti-patterns.
- Understanding the core components and Apache Storm daemons
- Achieving fault-tolerance in Apache Storm
Apache Storm is a distributed real-time processing engine. Created by Nathanmarz for Backtype and later open sourced under Apache License 2, it's a scalable and a fault-tolerant engine used to process a massive number of unbounded streams. In this course you will see how simple yet efficient Apache Storm is when it comes to real-time processing.
In the course, you will learn about data processing types followed by Apache Storm and its features. You'll learn the core concepts of Apache Storm such as spouts, bolts, topology, and stream grouping, and set up Apache Storm in single-node and multi-node configurations. Also you'll explore how fault-tolerant Apache Storm is.
Taking this course will kick-start your experience with Apache Storm; you'll create a scalable, fault-tolerant, real-time processing application while setting a strong base for the fundamentals of the real-time processing paradigm and Apache Storm.
This course targets data engineers, solution architects, Java developers, technical managers, and programming analysts working in a big data setup or anyone who is keen to learn the ins and outs of big data processing.
The audience is expected to have a working knowledge of programming with Java. A basic knowledge of Apache Maven (and a working knowledge of Eclipse and Linux terminals) will help you understand its concepts a lot more easily.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introducing Real-time Processing
- Chapter 2 : Apache Storm Concepts
- Chapter 3 : Setting Up Your Apache Storm Development Environment
- Chapter 4 : Creating Our First Storm Topology
- Chapter 5 : Setting Up Apache Storm as a Single-Node Cluster
- Chapter 6 : Setting Up Apache Storm in Multi-Node Cluster
- Chapter 7 : Implementing StreamGroupings in Apache Storm
- Chapter 8 : Integrating Hadoop with Apache Storm
- Chapter 9 : Understanding and Implementing Tridents in Apache Storm
- Title: Learning Apache Storm for Big Data Processing
- Release date: July 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781786460028
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Fundamentals of Apache Flink
Use Apache Flink and its ecosystem to process real-time big data About This Video Hands-on examples …
Amazon Web Services AWS LiveLessons 2nd Edition
More Than 17 Hours of Video Instruction More than 17 hours of video instruction on Amazon …
Apache Spark with Java - Learn Spark from a Big Data Guru
Learn to analyze large data sets with Apache Spark by 10+ hands-on examples. Take your big …