Using a free and open source, distributed real-time computation system was never this much fun!
About This Video
- Learn the key points of the Lambda Architecture and the role Apache Storm plays in it
- Learn programming techniques to create a Storm topology, its patterns, and anti-patterns.
- Understanding the core components and Apache Storm daemons
- Achieving fault-tolerance in Apache Storm
Apache Storm is a distributed real-time processing engine. Created by Nathanmarz for Backtype and later open sourced under Apache License 2, it's a scalable and a fault-tolerant engine used to process a massive number of unbounded streams. In this course you will see how simple yet efficient Apache Storm is when it comes to real-time processing.
In the course, you will learn about data processing types followed by Apache Storm and its features. You'll learn the core concepts of Apache Storm such as spouts, bolts, topology, and stream grouping, and set up Apache Storm in single-node and multi-node configurations. Also you'll explore how fault-tolerant Apache Storm is.
Taking this course will kick-start your experience with Apache Storm; you'll create a scalable, fault-tolerant, real-time processing application while setting a strong base for the fundamentals of the real-time processing paradigm and Apache Storm.
All the code and supporting files for the course can be found here- https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Learning-Apache-Storm-for-Big-Data-Processing
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introducing Real-time Processing
- Chapter 2 : Apache Storm Concepts
- Chapter 3 : Setting Up Your Apache Storm Development Environment
- Chapter 4 : Creating Our First Storm Topology
- Chapter 5 : Setting Up Apache Storm as a Single-Node Cluster
- Chapter 6 : Setting Up Apache Storm in Multi-Node Cluster
- Chapter 7 : Implementing StreamGroupings in Apache Storm
- Chapter 8 : Integrating Hadoop with Apache Storm
Chapter 9 : Understanding and Implementing Tridents in Apache Storm
- Introduction 00:01:51
- Building Topology Using Trident 00:02:55
- Understand and Implement Map, Filter, and Aggregate Function 00:05:26
- Windowing Operations 00:03:13
- Joining Stream Tuples in Storm 00:02:56
- Title: Learning Apache Storm for Big Data Processing
- Release date: July 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781786460028