The Kraken release brought the debut of the Ceph Manager daemon (ceph-mgr), which runs alongside the MONs to provide cluster-wide services via a plugin architecture. While exploitation of ceph-mgr is still nascent, it has much potential:
- Management of drive and chassis status/locator LEDs
- Creating and managing a map of clients such as rbd-mirror and RADOS Gateway, which were previously less well-integrated
- Holistic management of Ceph's scrubs
- Richer management of reweighting and rebalancing operations.
- Integration with external inventory systems such as RackTables, NetBox, HP SIM, and Cisco UCS Manager
- Interface for monitoring/metrics systems such as Nagios, Icinga, Graphite, and Prometheus