To use Ceph's built-in tool, first create a dedicated, disposable pool to scribble into. For this to be a legitimate test, it must have the same attributes as your production pool: PG count, replication factor, CRUSH rules, etc.
Options to rados bench include:
- -p: The name of our dedicated test pool
- seconds: Number of seconds the test should run
- write|seq|rand: Type of workload to present: write, sequential read, random read
- -t: Number of concurrent operations; the default is 16
- --no-cleanup: Don't clean up the objects created during the run
Let's run a 60 second write test against a small cluster with a pool named data. A dedicated pool should be used to ensure that user data is not clobbered. Longer tests are better than shorter, ...