In this chapter we look at how Ceph is used with OpenStack. We will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to OpenStack
- Ceph is the best choice for OpenStack storage
- Integrating Ceph and OpenStack
- Guest Operating System Presentation
- Virtual OpenStack sandbox deployment
Every cloud platform requires a robust, reliable, scalable, and feature-rich storage solution. Ceph is very common in OpenStack deployments, 60% or more exploit it for base image and instance volumes. Ceph's unique, unified, and distributed architecture makes it the right choice for today's and tomorrow's cloud storage backend.