Build faster, smoother cross-platform apps for both Android and iOS with just one codebase using Flutter and Dart
About This Video
- Get started quickly with application development concepts with Dart and Flutter.
- Build your first app with the fastest growing language for mobile development.
- Learn about the new programming language called Dart and release apps to Play Store and App Store
Flutter is quickly becoming a well-known framework for developing cross-platform apps for both Android and iOS devices. Now developers don't have to learn Java, Kotlin, Objective-C, or Swift to have their apps on Play Store or the App Store. While there are other frameworks for building cross-platform apps, Flutter excels by using a great new language called Dart.
With Dart and Flutter, you will develop apps for both stores with just one codebase. It compiles apps into native code without webview. Apps made with Flutter are very fast because of their high rendering power. Hence, they feel super-smooth, thus providing a rich user experience.
With this course, you will be able to build app layouts, create widget animations, pull and push data to servers, and compile and release code to both stores.
The code bundle for this video course is available at- https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Learning-Dart-Build-your-first-app-with-Flutter
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Flutter and Dart
- The Course Overview 00:03:39
- Download, Install, and Set Up the Required Softwares 00:14:04
- Set Up a Repository in GitLab 00:21:59
- Initialize the Flutter App Using the Command-Line Tool 00:16:12
- Chapter 2 : Build Your First App
- Chapter 3 : Add a Static List of Messages and Simulate Chat
- Chapter 4 : Introduction to Firestore and Firebase Authentication
Chapter 5 : Connect Your App with Firestore Authentication
- Add Firebase Dependencies 00:11:14
- Add Google-Sign In to the App 00:27:11
- Add Firestore Connection 00:17:00
- Listing and Adding Messages 00:25:38
- Adding a Contacts List 00:15:44
- Adding a Friend 00:21:33
- Use Firestore in ChatHistory 00:14:16
- Cleaning the Codes 00:32:03
- Putting the Application Together 00:09:41
- Title: Learning Dart – Build Your First App with Flutter
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789618495