Here, we will create a Docker image on the local machine and push this image to Docker Hub. You need to perform the following steps in this section:
- Create a Docker image on the local machine by doing one of the following:
- Using the docker commit subcommand
- Using the docker commit subcommand with Dockerfile
- Pushing this created image to Docker Hub
- Deleting the image from Docker Hub
We will use the ubuntu base image, run the container, add a new directory and a new file, and then create a new image. In Chapter 3, Building Images, we saw how to create a Docker image using Dockerfile. You may refer to that chapter to check for details of the Dockerfile syntax.
We will run the container with the containerforhub ...